Thursday, March 24, 2011

Apple Muffins



Lately I love making treats. Baking used to be a big no no in my house. Zach hates it when I bake because it's usually unhealthy. Like that coconut cake I posted. He told me I'm not allowed to make it anymore because he pretty much ate it all. Well, I have a few healthy treat recipes. I know muffins are not really consider a treat, but I love them. I'm not really into sweet stuff. That's why I love diet or sugar free stuff.

I made my favorite muffins today. They are healthy & sooo good. 
Do you want to try them? here's the recipe :) 

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 apples
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup honey
2 cups walnuts (I love walnuts, that's why I use 2 cups or more, but you can use less)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup  applesauce
2 Tablespoons flax seeds (ground)
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp baking soda

preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix baking powder, baking soda & flour together. In a separate mixing bowl, mix honey, oil, milk, apple sauce & flax seed powder. Then, add the mixing flour & blend well with a hand blender or a kitchenaid ( what are those called? You have a hand blender & what's the kitcheaid? stand mixer? oh well, you know what I mean...) Then, add the chopped apples & walnuts. Line the muffin pan and fill up with batter. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown.

I'm really bad at explaining how to make things, so let me know if this recipe doesn't make sense. zairaera@gmail.com

Enjoy!!!